Are you dreaming of summer?
I know I am.
I love winter, but by mid-March I am ready for some warmer weather & sunshine. If this is you too, I’ve got some great news:
Spring has Sprung at Calleva!!
There is literally something for everyone at Calleva this Spring.
- Our Liquid Adventures Kayaking School (LAKS) office at Riley’s Lock is getting a facelift as the team prepares for spring paddling classes & excursions.
- “The Lab,” our main office on Fisher Avenue in downtown Poolesville, is bustling with activity around spring paddling, equestrian, and Farm & Forest school registrations PLUS a full schedule of farm workshops.
- The brand new Calleva Farm Store opens soon in Poolesville! We’re hosting a “Sneak Peek” Happy Hour on March 29 where you can meet the authors of Bread & Beauty, a cookbook that features stories from the Montgomery County Agricultural Reserve and support Manna Food Center.
- We’re accepting reservations for the 2019 Dirty Dinners farm-to-table series – and the springtime (May 18) Farm & Forage themed dinner is filling fast.
- The Calleva Farm team is busy planting & welcoming new livestock (baby chicks and more!) in preparation for a full season of delicious food & farm fun.
- Our Beekeeper Brokeback has a great line up of Beekeeping Classes this spring open to everyone who is interested in adding bees to their list of hobbies.
- Our summer camp staff are heading to the American Camp Association conference this week, as planning & prep intensifies for our almost-full summer camps! Calleva’s MD camp open house will be held at Riley’s Lock on May 11, and our Calleva VA camp open house will be held at the Madeira School on May 18th.
Take a few minutes to graze through the web site for more information about all the options. We’d love to give you a jump start to springtime. See you soon!