Camp for Everyone
At Calleva Summer Camp, kids of all ages explore the outdoors & become empowered, confident adventurers.
Camp for Summer, Confidence for Life
for campers ages 4-16
Calleva offers DAY camps as well as OVERNIGHT camp options. Please keep this in mind as you search for a camp.
Our 2024 Camp offerings are updated, for email updates on registration sign up here.
Camp for All Ages in MD — VA — WV
Calleva Adventure Camps move about, finding the best locations for their adventure activities.
Between 9:30am-3pm every day campers are NOT ACCESSIBLE. Rafters will be rafting, climbers will be climbing, kayakers will be kayaking, bikers will be biking, and so on. In most cases, it is not possible for campers to join their Adventure Camp group late or depart camp early because they are adventuring in a location that is not accessible.
Coming in 2024 —
New camps & adventure camps without OVERNIGHT
Calleva Cubs (ages 4-5) | free play-based, encouraging curiosity & discovery all day in the outdoors.
Calleva Explorers (ages 6-8) | nature exploration & intro adventure sport activities like canoeing, hiking & climbing.
Calleva Adventure Sampler (ages 8-12) | DAY CAMP intro to a different outdoor adventure activity every day! Water & land activities. NO Thursday Campout.
Calleva Adventure Campers (ages 9-14) | skills & confidence building week focused on a single adventure sport! *Thursday Night Campout INCLUDED.
Calleva High Adventurers (ages 13-16) | full immersion during a week of non-stop back country exploration & skill building. This is a full week AWAY, outdoors in the wilderness.
Calleva Leaders in Training (ages 12-16) | physically & mentally challenging week in the outdoors for teens who are ready to reach beyond comfort zones to experience personal & team success. This is a full week AWAY, outdoors in the wilderness.
Calleva Summer Staff (ages 16-adults) | continue to expand capabilities by joining the community of leaders who make it all possible!
Sign up for our Summer Camp Email Newsletter:
get all the updates and registration information
You may have noticed that Calleva Summer Camps sell out very quickly. We know this is disappointing for some, but we feel glad that kids (& their parents) love our camps!
Here are the qualities we look for in a Calleva Summer Camp staff:
- We hire people who love working with kids. Whether they’re educators or outdoor adventure professionals, our first criteria is that our staff gain joy & purpose from investing in the next generation of leaders.
- We hire detail oriented leaders. Safety is our number one priority, and this means we pay close attention to the details of every program we deliver. Our goal is to empower participants to take risks in a safe environment, to support one another, and to respect each other in the context of Calleva’s “challenge by choice” ethics.
- We hire creative geniuses. Working in the outdoors requires flexibility, adaptability, and confident problem solving. We manage many variables in each camp day & take great pride in the way our team works together to give campers & parents an excellent camp week.
Answers to what your child’s camp week will look like
Your child’s SPECIFIC camp details – schedule, transportation, health details, and other details — can be found in your Camp-in-Touch account.
We’ve gathered all the other basics in one place:
- Essential health forms (required by the State of Maryland camp license regulators)
- Important Calleva Policies (including Bus Rules & our ELECTRONICS Policy)
- Camp Needs Lists
- FAQs (& answers!) based on parents’ most commonly asked questions