The Iconic Calleva Overnight:
Essential to the Adventure Camp itinerary!
Adventure Camp itineraries include an unforgettable Thursday through Friday overnight experience that ties a bow on the camp week. Each instructor builds this experience into their week’s curriculum, and it’s designed to provide campers with an excursion that brings together all that they’ve learned during their week.
- Bus transportation to/from home is not available for Adventure campers Thursday night/Friday morning.
- Campers depart for their overnight destinations on Thursday morning and return to Calleva’s hub at 3pm on Friday.
- Early parent pick-up/late drop-off on Thursday or Friday is not possible due to group logistics.
- Overnight activities and locations are subject to change due to instructor decisions
- Location is selected weekly, based largely upon skill levels, environmental conditions & group dynamics
- Typically, locations are about 2 hours driving distance from the DMV.
Parents are notified by Wednesday evening about where their child will be overnighting. Calleva has an Emergency Action Plan for every area we visit. Instructors and Counselors carry cell phones and can contact our directors in the event of an emergency.
Basic overnight gear list:
- Sleeping pad & sleeping bag
- Change of clothes
- REFILLABLE WATER BOTTLE
- Cup/bowl & spoon
- Warm jacket/sweatshirt
- Rain gear
- Lunch for Thursday and non-perishable lunch for Friday
- Mosquito Protection – suggested for any water based pragrams — very lightweight pants, long-sleeved shirt, socks and a hat that can be sprayed with bug spray.
Purchase a Calleva GearBag that contains all the necessary camping gear. Calleva-branded duffle bags have space for personal items & toiletries listed above.
Things not to bring: Cell Phones and any type of electronics!
Thank you for helping your camper get excited about their overnight!