Learn to navigate rivers through the adventure sport – whitewater kayaking. Combine your love for nature, the thrill of waves & water, and the joy of learning a new skill. Whether you’re an experienced paddler seeking the ultimate rush or a beginner looking to explore the wonders of river kayaking, whitewater kayaking with our instructors can take you there.
What is your level?
- Do not need to own your own kayak and equipment
- No to some experience in a whitewater kayak
- No roll to sometimes rolling in flat water
- You own your kayak and equipment
- You have a roll in moving current
- Have boat control to navigate class II whitewater
- You own your own kayak and equipment
- Reliable combat roll
- You are looking to explore new and class IV rivers
- Looking to develop swift water or kayak instructor skills
Find a class
FOR ADULT PADDLERS
Our beginner kayaking lessons are structured into SIX progressive lessons, giving you all the skills you need to feel confident and competent on the river. Rolling classes are recommended to supplement river classes. Classes are held at Riley’s Lock, Lock 6, or Anglers Inn, minutes from DC. Our program travels so that we can utilize the best section of river for the class goals.
Pool Rolling: November to April, learn to roll when it’s cold– in an indoor pool!
Private Lessons: Let us design the perfect program for you or your group!
FOR ADULT PADDLERS
Intermediate paddlers have a solid flat water roll, an emerging whitewater roll, and some class III whitewater experience. Students are expected to have their own boat and equipment.
Winter Slalom: Workouts October – March focus on proper technique to make your paddling more efficient and effective.
Private Lessons and Coaching- Customize your instruction and goals with a dedicated coach who will help you reach your full potential.
Lower Yough Trips: Join us on the Lower Yough the last weekend of every month Customize your instruction and goals with a dedicated instructor who will help you reach your full potential.
Open Rolling: Practice your roll during the winter in an indoor pool!
Open Practice: Lock 6 on Tuesday evenings.
FOR STRENGTH, ENDURANCE, AND CONFIDENCE
Advanced paddlers have a solid whitewater roll and some experience on class IV rivers. We know you often serve as trip leaders with groups and friends. Work with us to expand these skills, paddle with a thriving community, and discover new rivers.
- Private Coaching– Work one on one or with your crew to set goals and get after them
- Advanced Moves on the Upper Yough
- Surf Academy with Professor Zonedogg
- Professional Development