2024 Summer Camp Transportation
Calleva provides “pick-up-point” transportation for campers and the cost is included in weekly tuition. Campers ride commercial vehicles with certified drivers.
Bus routes listed below run each camp day from your neighborhoods to Calleva Farm, Madeira School & Riley’s Lock. Please be sure to select your bus route based on the hub destination related to your child’s camp.
- Our team selects locations that will be efficient neighborhood “meet up” points. Locations are subject to change, since some of our hosts will not confirm until Spring.
- If Calleva is forced to re-locate one of these bus stops, we will do our very best to secure an alternate spot near the original lcoation.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Calleva does NOT provide Thursday evening or Friday morning bus service for Adventure Campers whose camp week includes a Thursday Overnight excursion/campout.
Meet Up Times: The times listed here can shift on any given day due to unforeseen traffic or other re-routing issues. Please be patient and allow 15 minute leeway for our drivers! Please double check your confirmation email to be sure you understand your child’s pick up & drop off timing & location. These cannot be changed mid-week!
Routes for Calleva Farm Camps in Dickerson MD
Cubs (Ages 4-5), Explorers (Ages 6-8), Horseback Riding (Ages 9-15), Growing Green (Ages 9-15)
- Calleva Farm (PARENT DROP OFF) | 9:00am/3:45pm
- Congregation Beth El* | 8:10am/4:40pm
- Glen Echo Parking Lot | 8:15am/4:30pm
- Jane E. Lawton Community Center | 8:05am/4:40pm
- Belt Road and Chesapeake Street** | 8:00am/4:45pm
- Potomac Elementary School* | 8:25am/4:20pm
- Maret School*** | 8:00am/4:50pm
- East Silver Spring ES* | 8:00am/4:50pm
*Not available weeks 1, 11 & 12.
**Not available week 1.
***Not available weeks 11 & 12.
Routes for Riley’s Lock Camps in Poolesville MD
Riley’s Water Sampler (Ages 8-12), Beginner/Intermediate Kayaking (Ages 8-14), Girl’s Intermediate Kayaking (Ages 9-15), Adventure Island (Ages 8-12), Disc Golf (Ages 9-15), Inflatable Fun (Ages 9-12), Fishing (Ages 9-14), Rafting (Ages 12-15), MD SUP (Ages 9-15), MD Rock Climbing (Ages 9-15), Art in Nature (Ages 9-15), Wilderness Film (Ages 11-15), Mountain Biking (Ages 11-15), End-of-Summer Adventures (Ages 8-14)
- Riley’s Lock (PARENT DROP OFF) | 9:00am/3:45pm
- Bethesda United Methodist Church* | 8:30am/4:20pm
- Glen Echo Parking Lot | 8:30am/4:20pm
- Jane E. Lawton Community Center | 8:25am/4:25pm
- Belt Road and Chesapeake Street** | 8:20am/4:30pm
- Potomac Elementary School* | 8:45am/4:00pm
- Maret School*** | 8:15am/4:30pm
- East Silver Spring ES* | 8:15am/4:35pm
*Not available weeks 1, 11 & 12.
**Not available week 1.
***Not available week 11 & 12.
Routes for Virginia Camps/Madeira Campus in McLean, VA
VA Explorers (Ages 6-8), VA Sampler (Ages 8-12), VA Teen Sampler (Ages 12-14), VA Kayaking (Ages 9-15), VA Stand-Up Paddleboarding (Ages 9-15), VA Rock Climbing (Ages 9-15), Sailing (Ages 9-15), Camper vs. Wild (Ages 9-15), VA Fishing (Ages 9-15)
- Madeira School (PARENT DROP OFF) | 8:45am/4:00pm
- Oak Grove Park/15th Street N | 8:30am/4:15pm
- NW DC – Exact Location TBD | 8:30am/4:25pm
- Chesterbrook Shopping Center | 8:30am/4:15pm
- St. John’s Episcopal Church* | 8:45am/4:00pm
- Glen Echo Parking Lot* | 8:45am/4:15pm
*Not available weeks 1 or 11
High Adventure & LIT Trips (Ages 12-16) — PARENT DROP OFF ONLY!
- Riley’s Lock (parent drop off) | Monday @ 7:30am; Friday @ 5pm*
*The drop off & pick-up times may be different depending on specific trip itineraries.
You will select your child’s bus route after registering for camp. You’ll then be able to view your child’s bus route selection in your Camp-in-Touch account. There is NOT A WAIT LIST for bus routes.
You will receive an email the week prior to your camp week reminding you of your child’s specific bus stop times and information. This will come from firstname.lastname@example.org and sometimes gets filtered into “junk” or “spam” folders so please be sure to add that address to your safe emails list.
Your camper must follow Calleva’s bus rules. Each bus stop has a capacity limit. Please visit Parent Resources for more information BEFORE contacting the office about additional questions.
Bus Policy at Calleva
On the bus, students are expected to:
- Behave appropriately. Follow staff directions and be kind to everyone.
- Keep the aisle and emergency door clear of obstructions.
- Keep their arms, feet, and head inside the bus at all times.
- Be seated at all times, face forward and make room for others to sit as well.
- Discard trash in appropriate containers.
Campers may not:
- Bring animals, alcohol, drugs, tobacco, weapons, glass containers, or explosives on the bus.
- Use vulgar language or gestures, fight, or engage in sexual harassment or other improper and/or illegal conduct.
- Throw any papers or objects in the bus or out the windows.
- Operate the emergency door without permission.
- Damage or deface any part of the bus.
- Ride a different bus than the one they have been assigned to, unless they have written permission from a parent or guardian.
Please keep in mind:
- Bus drivers or counselors may assign specific seats to campers.
- Campers who violate the behavior and safety rules may have bus-riding privileges denied temporarily or permanently by the camp directors.
- Campers are responsible for their behavior and self-control on the bus and at bus stops at all times. Disorderly campers can threaten the safety of all riders by distracting the bus driver.
- Campers are expected to obey the instructions of the bus driver/counselor just as they would follow the instructions of instructors and counselors during camp.