2021 Dirty Dinners RESERVATIONS are OPEN!
After our Covid-induced hiatus year, we’re back, bringing you a bigger & better Calleva Farm experience!
There will be ONE DINNER DATE this summer: July 31st (rain date August 1st)
But TWO Seating Options
- Standard Seating – $185 per person — is similar to past years: select a communal group setting a field, our garden, or the forest edge.
- Premium Seating – $225 per person — is NEW & designed for groups who are celebrating a shared special occasion. Set in more intimate spaces (near but separate from our field), with a dedicated service team assigned to your group for the entire evening.
If the July 31st date doesn’t work for you, or you are looking to join us on the farm more than one night this summer — check out our Pizza Nights on the Farm! Great for ALL AGES, featuring wide open spaces, wood-fired pizza, garden fresh salads, local beers & wines, South Mountain Creamery ice cream, and lots of friendly faces (covered with masks … but friendly eyes & kind voices!). You can register on the Pizza Nights on the Farm page.
Book online now!
Experience Community at Calleva Farm
Dirty Dinner guests receive a warm & relaxed introduction to Calleva Farm, including interactions with our farmers, animals, and many of the leaders behind Calleva’s well-known community of adventurers. Your evening is centered around food, but this farm-to-table experience is a one-of-a-kind tour, with way-points throughout the property.
Featuring a meal comprised of locally grown ingredients, local wines, live music, and local storytellers, a Dirty Dinner gives adults an opportunity to experience a delicious meal set at several different locations around the property. You’ll stop at site one to enjoy a delicious appetizer, a festive beverage, and lively entertainment. At your final stop, you’ll be seated at a beautiful dinner table under the stars, where you’ll enjoy a 3-course meal featuring local wines. Dinner ingredients are grown mostly at Calleva Farm, plus additional products from other area producers and wines from local vineyards.
Our goal is to showcase Calleva Farm as a link between the Montgomery County Ag Reserve and nearby communities. We want to help foodies connect with local growers as well as our own farming and education programs. Finally, we want to help improve awareness of the farms, artists & businesses that exist in rural Montgomery County.
Our beautiful farm in Dickerson, MD is the hub for Calleva’s Growing Green camp, Horse Adventures, Ag Education, and other group programs for kids of all ages. Dirty Dinners give adults an opportunity to experience a delicious meal set amidst the bounty of the season, the relaxed joys of farm life, and the simple beauty of the great outdoors in Montgomery County’s Agricultural Reserve. Proceeds from the dinner support Calleva’s outdoor programming, including scholarships & pro bono collaborations with other local non-profits and schools.
Cost: starting at $185/person
Our typical Dirty Dinner includes:
- Farm & forest stroll with three themed “pit stops” for cocktails (or mocktails!) & appetizers
- Live music & storytelling
- Fun farm activities, including zip lines & hay rides
- 3-course plated meal at Calleva’s communal table
- Late night camp fire & singalong
Warnings: : All plates may contain the following: veggies, nuts, gluten, protein, meats (not tofu) and dairy. Due to the nature of our meals, we are unable to accommodate special dietary requests. Please email [email protected] if you have questions about this policy.
Past Menus have included:
- Crispy spring vegetable wonton
- Farm-baked crostini with goat cheese & rhubarb compote
- Onion rings with candied bacon
- Rabbit pate with tarragon oil, pickled onions & spicy mustard
- Mixed green salad with lemon verbena vinaigrette
- Seared sirloin with wild ramps, roasted mushrooms & new potatoes
- Smoked trout, pickled red onions & horseradish cream
- Roast pork cutlets with sweet potato & black bean hash
- Pan-seared Chesapeake rockfish carrot puree and goat cheese polenta
- Mini biscuits with honey & chili butter
Wine selections from Black Ankle Vineyards, Sugarloaf Vineyards, Windridge Vineyards
Beer selections from Waredaca, Brookeville & Seven Locks breweries
“Calleva Farm is perfect for a relaxing evening in the country, staff very friendly and food, delicious!”
“It’s always a great time! Also, kudos to the new chef! This menu was the best of any of the times we’ve done these dinners!”
“We really enjoyed the whole evening, what fun!”
For more information , please contact [email protected]
Warnings: : All plates may contain the following: veggies, nuts, gluten, protein, meats (not tofu) and dairy. Due to the nature of our meals, we are unable to accommodate special dietary requests.
Cancellation Policy: Due to the nature of our events, Dirty Dinners at Calleva Farm require advance reservations. We can not accommodate refunds or cancellations, however you can transfer your reservation to some one else. If you cannot attend the dinner and you wish to transfer your tickets please contact us with the new guest information one week prior to the event (at the latest!). We will only allow transfers with at least one week notice before events. If you want to sell your tickets, a good place to find buyers is our Dirty Dinners Facebook Page. Transfer of funds for your tickets is your responsibility. You can also apply your tickets to another Dirty Dinner for an additional fee. This option is available on a space available basis only.