Backpack NC (Ages 12-16)
Backpacking in North Carolina
The longest running Calleva High Adventure returns in all its greatness. We backpack with the sole goal of getting down into the Linville Gorge to find and jump off NATURAL WATERSLIDES! While the gorge is absolutely stunning, the slides and cliffs are what all the kids talk about. This trip wouldn’t be complete without some epic rock climbing while we are on the top of the gorge and some amazing campsites along the banks; but we seek the smooth rock covered in moss that will give us a thrilling ride.
- This is a 6 day/5 night program
- Offered Week 7 (July 25th – July 30th)
- 4:1 Staff Ratio
- Ages 12-16
- Monday drop off & Friday pick up at Riley’s Lock.
- 7:30 Monday morning
- 1:00 Saturday afternoon
- Sample Itinerary:
- Start on top of gorge and climb chimney rocks
- Hike down Devils Hole Trail and establish camp
- Creek hike up gorge to known slides near Babylon Tower
- Creek hike down gorge to know slides near Sandy Flats
- Hike out of Gorge and travel to Compression Falls