Surf High Adventure
The only High Adventure to run during the summer of 2020, this high adventure staple is a must if you love the beach and want to learn how to be a surfer. Campers come home with a better understanding of the ocean. We spend the beginning of the week learning the foundations of surfing and ocean safety. As our skills progress we will learn how to read the break, surfing etiquette, and try our hand at different types of boards.
- This is a 5 day/4 night program
- Offered weekly June 14h through Aug 20th
- This camp will not be offered Week 6 (July 12-16)
- 4:1 Staff Ratio
- Ages 12-16
- Monday drop off & Friday pick up at Riley’s Lock.
- 7:30 Monday morning.
- 6:00 Friday Evening
- Sample Itinerary @ Assateague:
- Drive to beach, introduction to surfing, water safety
- Continue to work on surfing skills, reading the break, hike and explore beach area
- Reading the ocean currents, surf etiquette, visit local board shaper
- Trying different types of boards, local conservation service project, evening at the boardwalk