Horseback Riding Camp~MD
Our Riding Camps excel at getting kids riding with exceptional staff and great horses that are active year-round with lessons and programs. This is a progressive three-level program that allows campers to build skills from week to week. All students are placed by the horseback riding director into a group for the weeks activities. Within each level of the horseback riding program, campers are pushed to challenge themselves while building their skills and confidence in and out of the saddle.
- This week includes an exciting Thursday Overnight!
- $50 will be refunded if overnights are not allowed due to COVID.
- Offered weekly June 7th through Aug 13th
- No HBR Week 6 (July 12th-16th)
- 4:1 Staff Ratio
- Ages 9-15
- Transportation only available to/from:
- Walt Whitman High School
- Sample Itinerary @ Calleva Farm:
- Campers are divided into groups based on skill level & age, grooming/tacking.
- Demonstration of horsemanship and basic skills.
- Riding skills, behavior around horses. Lessons plans specific to each level.
- Riding in different environments (indoors, cross country, trail, fields), games.
- Reading horse behaviors, obstacle races, trail rides, games, etc.