Growing Green ~MD
The Growing Green program gives campers the full experience on the circle of being self-sufficient, raising animals humanely, using traditional grow practices, and eating local. Campers will get down and dirty weeding, plowing the bedrows, transplanting, composting, and other farm duties. We want to be self-sufficient and teach sustainability with managing our hay fields, produce garden, and livestock on our farm.
- This week includes an exciting Thursday Overnight!
- $50 will be refunded if overnights are not allowed due to COVID.
- Offered weekly June 14th through Aug 27th
- 4:1 Staff Ratio
- Ages 9-15
- Transportation only available to/from:
- Walt Whitman High School
- Sample Itinerary @ Calleva Farm:
- Intro to garden
- Animal Husbandry
- Plant Yields and Harvest
- Overnight: Cook with our ingredients and visit our neighboring farms