The Commando Unit meets twice a week for 6 weeks starting September 10. Tuesdays and Thursdays develop your skills on the Potomac in playboats and river runs. Two weekend trips included, if qualified.
Feeder Canal, Anglers, Little Falls
- Middle and High School students
- 6:1 Student to Staff Ratio
- Tuesdays and Thursdays for 6 weeks beginning Sept 10, 2019
- Gauley Trip: October 19 – 20, 2019
- Additional day trip October 5th, river will depend on skill level of group
- $640 plus $20 for meals out on each trip
Whether the Wild and Wonderful Cheat River, the Potomac River’s Seneca Showdown, or the freestyle Chute Out, competition is a great way to improve your technique while having fun on the river. Train in competetive deciplines including freestyle, downriver, and slalom. The Commando Unit program includes these skills as well as, attaining, even a trip to the big-water Gauley River; but most importantly it instills confidence in your teenager’s paddling ability. Students should have a solid roll and an interest in improving whitewater and technical skills. These classes are work-out style to improve fitness and endurance. Led by Farve and other guest instructors, this program will show your paddler how great it feels to be in top shape on the river!