After School Kayaking
We will pick up from Pyle, Westland, Washington Waldorf School, and Whitman or you can choose to meet us at the river. We will get fitted into a boat and equipment, and put-in on the river. There we will work both one-on-one and with the group on river, rolling, and rescue skills. Back to the parking area at 6:00 for gear put-away and daily wrap-up. We will return to Whitman High School at 6:30 pm.
Lock 6, Lock 10, Anglers Inn
- Grades 6-12
- 6:1 Student to Staff Ratio
- 6 weeks Spring or Fall
- $265 per person
2018 Fall After School Kayaking: Fall session begins Monday, September 10, 2018 and runs for 6 weeks.
Middle and High School students can easily learn the skills needed to enjoy the beautiful and exciting Potomac River. We pick students up from Westland, Washington Waldorf School, Pyle, and Whitman after school and drop them off at 6:30 pm at Whitman. Your student will find his or herself open to the many challenges and adventures in the sport of kayaking that become possible as their skills progress.
- Beginners should sign up for Mondays and will be introduced to flat and moving water sections of the Potomac River.
- Tuesdays are open slalom for any level.
- Intermediate and Advanced paddlers can take Wednesdays. Students will learn directional control of your boat, how to navigate current, how to roll, and safety awareness and rescue skills.
- Thursdays are Advanced Slalom days.
Commando Unit is our dynamic program for more advanced kayakers! Only offered in Fall, paddlers will take Slalom on Tuesdays, Downriver or Freestyle on Thursdays and 2 weekend trips.