This class brings together Sea Kayaking practices with the joy of the Potomac River. It’s the best of both worlds!
- Ages 14 – Adult
- June – September
- contact [email protected] to set up
- 4 hours
- Intermediate students must have their own boat and gear
Boat Handling in Current
Peel outs, eddy turns, ferries, advanced strokes in current (4 hours)
- Meet and greet your instructor and the group
- Carry to the put in, launch and warm up on water
- Review beginner skills
- Introduce strokes and techniques needed to cross current, enter current from flatwater, and successfully stop in an eddy
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Program wrap-up, discuss next class
Location: Angler’s Inn (Potomac, MD)