Our beginner sea kayaking classes are a great way for you to learn a new outdoor activity that will take you to amazing places.
Try our new Introduction to Sea Kayaking Course starting at Columbia Island Marina
Our trips are a great next step in your sea kayak progression all while exploring the local waterways.
Now that you have been have mastered sea kayaking join us one of our customized trips with RiverWind Kayak by traveling to amazing rivers, bays, or oceans
- $ 350
- Ages 12 and up
- 5:1 student to instructor ratio
- Courses run from May to October
- 2021 Dates
- May 22, 23, and 29
- June 19, 20, and 26
- July 17, 18, 24,
- August 21, 22, and 28,
- September 18, 19, 25
- October 16, 17, 23
To view our whole class schedule click here:
Sea kayaking in your backyard
A kayak is the best way to enjoy the river, and sea kayaks make it easy for beginners. Over 2 weekends, you can learn the basics of paddling, gear tips, rescue skills and more with Calleva’s River School. From the Monuments in DC to beautiful Seneca Creek in Maryland, you will get a taste of all the Potomac has to offer!
- 3 class course, 8 hours of instruction
- Learn the basics with two lessons at Columbia Island Marina
- Explore the Potomac River and learn rescue skills at Riley’s Lock
- Come away with the skills and knowledge to make yourself a kayaker
- Saturday and Sunday, 9-11 a.m. at Columbia Island Marina
- Saturday 1-5 pm at Riley’s Lock
River Tours Explore the river in a canoe or kayak with our expert staff
Looking for something more personalized? Need to prepare for kayaking while on a cruise? Let our instructors help design the perfect program for you, or your group that meets your specific needs.