Agua Blanca Actopan (II-III)
- Day 1: Fly into Mexico City and meet LAKS staff to begin your adventure! Travel by bus to Puebla to pick up the van and then off to Tlapacoyan, Veracruz.
- Day 2: Outfitting your boat and a good warm up on the nearby Alseseca river in class II – III rapids.
- Day 3: Paddle a beautiful, boulder-garden run on the Filo-Bobos River.
- Day 4: Explores a deep canyon through the Cathedral Section of the Filo-Bobos. The run is continuous Class III.
- Day 5: Is an early departure to the other side of the mountains, near Jalapa, to run the crystal-clear Actopan. On the way, stop by the coastal beach and visit some ruins of a town where Cortez first landed. There are various sections of the Actopan to run.
- Day 6,7: Exploring the beautiful river that gives this trip its name. Our last night is spent at a beautiful hotel near the Zocalo in Puebla.
- Day 8: After an early morning breakfast, take the bus to the Mexico City airport on time for the flight home.
Locations: Filo Bobos, Alseseca, Actopan- Veracruz, Mexico
- Ages 14 – Adult
- 6:1 Student to Staff Ratio
- Feb 10 – 17, 2018
- 8 days = 6 paddling and two travel days
- $1580 includes all expenses
- Airfare and alcoholic beverages not included
You can feel the thrill of using your intermediate skills on tropical waters while back at home everything is covered in ice! This week is designed for intermediate level paddlers who have basic control of their boat in moving water and an emerging combat roll. Practice edddy turns, surfing, even run your first slide with the supportive Liquid Adventures staff waiting below. At every turn you will see your skills become more natural, and your confidence in running rapids grow. The amazing boulder gardens, lush green scenery, and blue water make your days spectacular. In the evenings we will discover the hospitality of the Mexico. Our home base is Aventurec, an eco-resort with cabins scattered throughout a tangerine grove. The Agua Blanca Actopan, whitewater of the beautiful Acotopan river that gives this trip its name, is situated in a mango grove near to where the turquoise river gushes out of the hillside. The experience is rounded out by home-cooked Mexican cuisine and lively conversation at the end of the day. By the time we head back to Mexico City, you will have seen the many reasons Liquid Adventures spends every winter down south!