- Ages: 14 – Adult
- March 1 – May 5
- 2022 Cheat Training registration opens Jan 3.
- Pick your weekday: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and every Saturday
- $385 for local session only
- $50 per Cheat Trip
- 10 Attainment workouts in March and April, Wednesdays 6 PM until dark (5 PM before daylight savings), to build strength and boat control.
- 9 Downriver workouts in March and April, Saturdays 9 am – 12 pm.
- Cheat Trips are now optional and you can purchase as many as you would like to go on.
Location: Anglers Inn, Great Falls, Md, Sycamore Island, Cheat Canyon.
It doesn’t matter if you race or not… It doesn’t matter if you are first or last… Join what has become a rite of passage for intermediate paddlers in the DC area, and you will find yourself building endurance, improving your forward stroke, and enjoying the company of friends – just what you need to get you started for a new paddling season.
It takes getting in shape to be comfortable in white water and to feel strong in your boat. When you work out, over time, with persistence, you will develop balance, strength, endurance, and reflex skill. Spend quality time in your boat, and you will begin to feel that you belong on the river and that you are ready to take on more exciting challenges. These are coached workouts (as opposed to classes), so expect to be moving almost the whole time, and expect a larger class size than usual.
For this class you will need to have a long boat, something over 10 feet. Contact [email protected] if interested in purchasing or renting a long boat. There are a lot of “old school” boats out there that are great as well. If you need help with a boat contact [email protected]
You should also have a dry suit or similar thermal gear. It has been known to snow on the first Cheat River run! Cheat Trainers will need to have thermal gear for under their dry suit and hand protection.
If you feel like you are not ready for Cheat Training then Cheat Lite might be for you. Under 18 please visit Cheat Youth.