- Ages: 14 – Adult
- 8 weeks, March and April
- Cheat Youth Registration Open Now!
- Registration for Cheat and Cheat Lite open Jan 3, 2022 at 5 pm
- Some space is available in Cheat Elite – email [email protected] for more info!
- $385 ($410 for Cheat Youth)
- $50 per trip ( 4 total in April)
- These programs do fill quickly. To be added to the waitlist, please email [email protected]
- Click the book button below
Cheat | Cheat Lite | Creeking Lite (New!) | Cheat Youth | Cheat Elite
- 8 weekday workouts in March and April
- 8 Downriver workouts in March and April
- Weekend trips are optional and an additional $50 each
Location: Anglers Inn, Great Falls, Md, Sycamore Island, Cheat Canyon, and other local rivers!
It doesn’t matter if you race or not… It doesn’t matter if you are first or mid-pack… Join what has become a rite of passage for intermediate paddlers in the DC area, and you will find yourself building endurance, improving your forward stroke, and enjoying the company of friends – just what you need to get you started on next paddling season.
Click the registration links below for specific info about each program.
NEW! Creeking Lite is a new program designed as a step up from Cheat Lite. Work on creeking skills on the Lower Yough and train to run class IV like the Lower Big Sandy. Click on the registration block below for details.
All participants must have a dry suit or similar thermal gear. It has been known to snow on the first Cheat River run! In addition, you will need to have layers for under their dry suit, booties, and hand protection.
For Cheat Youth, Calleva is able to provide a long boat, paddle, skirt, helmet, PFD.