Level 4: River Running
- Meet and greet group and instructors
- Get fitted for PFD, Helmet, Paddle, kayak
- Go over the “rules” of a down river trip
- Paddle the Seneca Breaks Section of the Potomac River
- Program wrap-up, discuss next classes
Location: Riley’s Lock
Welcome to your first downriver trip. We will be paddling from Riley’s Lock through the Seneca Breaks exploring multiple rapids of the Potomac.
Pausing at a nice beach on the side of the river, we will continue to work on our rolls. By adding bracing strokes into our quiver, we will build confidence in paddling through bigger whitewater. We will then paddle back up the C&O Canal to Rileys lock
In all beginner-level classes boats are provided. Kayaks are hardshell with an enclosed cockpit like Liquid Logic Remixes or Dagger Mambas. Any student signed up for a package (3 or more) of classes with us is welcome to join Tuesday night Open Practice sessions all season long.