- Day 1: Pick up at airport in Mexico City travel to Aventurec, get introduced to your cabana in the beautiful jungle near Tlapacoyan.
- Day 2: Enjoy an amazing breakfast at Aventurec, outfit boats, paddle the Roadside section of the Alseseca, typical Mexican dinner at Aventurec, go over plan for the following day, head to your cabanas
- Day 3: Breakfast on the road as we make our way to the upper sections of the Filo Bobos River, we will spend most of the day on the river paddling 30 km of class lV+ whitewater, dinner at Aventurec
- Day 4: Breakfast at Aventurec, drive 2700m up to the Big Banana section of the Alseseca, this river packs in more waterfalls per mile than any other river in the area, stop by a local Taqueria (taco resturant) for the best tacos in Tlapacoyan, walk around centro of Tlapacoyan enjoying the local culture, back to Aventurec for dessert!
- Day 5: Breakfast at Aventurec, Drive to Lower Jahlacingo, paddle 6 miles of step slides, boofs, and waterfalls,visit the ancient ruins around the Tlapacoyan area, head back to Aventurec for a time in the pool or zipline, Dinner at Aventurec.
- Day 6: Breakfast at Aventurec, Drive to the upper put in for the Big Banana section of the Alseseca, hike through banana fields to a 128 foot waterfall which marks the start to this section (don’t worry we put in below it), paddle 10 miles of class lV+ whitewater, at the take out we will hike to Tomata Falls and enjoy a beer at the local bar, head back to Aventurec for a Temazcal, dinner, and talk about plan for tomorrow.
- Day 7: Breakfast at Aventurec, we usually vote what section we want to do this day, so we will head to our favorite section or a new one the group hasn’t done yet.
- Day 8: Wake up early and drive to Mexico City to catch a late afternoon flight.
Advanced Tlapacoyan is the most exciting trip we run in Mexico. We focus on steep, technical rivers on this trip; we also hit a lot of waterfalls this week! Get yourself in shape for this week so that you can get the maximum enjoyment out of it. We will be paddling class lV for 6 days straight, returning at night to comfortable beds and flavorful cuisine at Aventurec.
With the rivers of Upper Filo-Bobos, the Roadside and Big Banana sections of the Alseseca, and the Upper and Lower Jalascingo, there are a multitude of steep dropping rapids over volcanic rock. It is also rich with history from the Mayan culture and ancient ruins. If you love paddling class lV+ rivers this trip is for you!