Cheat Elite Training
- 8 Attainment workouts in March and April, Thursdays 6 PM until dark (5 PM before daylight savings), to build strength and boat control.
- 4 Downriver workouts in March, Saturdays 9 am – 12 pm.
- 4 all-day trips to the Cheat River, Saturdays in April. Transportation is not included.
Location: Anglers Inn, Great Falls, Md, Sycamore Island, Cheat Canyon.
- March – May
- 2018 Cheat Elite begins March 8th
- Registration Opens Jan 2, 2018 at 9:30 am
- Thursdays and Saturdays
For those who have participated in Cheat Training and really want to race and challenge themselves a bit more, we have Cheat Elite! This group is led the many-time winner of Cheat Race, Andrew McEwan.
This program focuses on proper forward stroke, reading the river to find the fastest lines, and strength training. Students will also be pushed to go beyond their comfort zones, whether to surf Big Nasty or to try a new line on the Potomac. While other trainers are doing one lap on the Cheat, the Elites are doing 2. Those who take this training must have a solid combat roll.
For this class you will need to have a long boat, something over 10 feet. Your best option for a new boat is to buy a Liquid Logic Stinger from us because you get a discount on Cheat Training! There are a lot of “old school” boats out there that are great as well. To find a used boat check Facebook groups, Paddle Prattle, and others.
You should also have a dry suit or similar thermal gear. There seems to be a tradition of it snowing on the first Cheat River run every year. Cheat Trainers should also have thermal gear for under their dry suit and hand protection.
Registration for this spring session opens after the first of the year. This program does fill quickly!