Calleva’s Semester of Skills is a program full of opportunities to learn to do things yourself, and prepare students for college and life on their own.
Apply today for the experience of a lifetime!
Boarding Students: $18,000 per semester
Financial assistance options are available through Calleva — also consider these other Scholarship Opportunities
Application Deadline: May 15, 2022
Calleva’s Semester of Skills
- SKILL BASE – Receive nationally recognized certifications, a collection of hard skills that can be applied throughout life, as well as the soft skills necessary to work collaboratively in teams.
- SELF SUFFICIENCY – Design projects (from outdoor adventures to construction), and learn to execute project plans, applying time management, growing knowledge of trades, tools and techniques.
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH – Empower the larger community to embrace outdoor adventure, providing access & instruction to those who may otherwise not have the opportunity.
Curriculum & Philosophy: Students are exposed to a variety of life skills that give confidence and focus in a setting where they can expand creativity, independence, and empowerment.
- Introductory Block | basic skills curriculum in each area of instruction.
- Group Intensive Project | fine tune trades skills while contributing to a group project designed to demonstrate the power of teamwork while perfecting individual skills.
- Daily instruction from experts & mentors
- Students ownership propels leadership & communication while DOING the work!
- Independent Project | apply newly developed skills & project management techniques to design & execute a project of your own choosing!
- Capstone Experience | plan & experience a 10-day team outdoor adventure
In addition to core daily programming, Calleva Gap Students develop a balanced life perspective, and are coached to manage their personal workload, social experiences, physical health, and community involvement.
- daily engagement in an outdoor sport (running, biking, paddling, climbing, etc.)
- 1-2 nights per week of community engagement/educational workshops
Students can elect to participate in a single 12-week semester or “stack” the semesters together for a full 24-weeks of programming. We would love to have students learn all year with us – check us out!