Alseseca Race Week
January 6, 2024 – January 14, 2024
Steep Creek Speed Race
- Day 1: Fly into Mexico City around noon. Group will be met and driven to Aventurec, our base for the week.
- Day 2: Warm up day on the Filo Bobos- get acquainted with the group and leadership style
- Day 3-4: Meet the Roadside Section of the Alseseca and start to scout and learn drops. All the drops can be walked so we can take it slow.
- Day 5: Day trip to another section
- Day 6: Dial in your lines.
- Day 7: Alseseca Race Day! Choose to race, volunteer, or spectate.. followed by an amazing after party
- Day 8: Travel to airport thru Puebla
Class III+ & IV
8 days/6 days of paddling
Cost: $2000, includes all land expenses, airfare and alcoholic beverages not included
Tlapacoyan and its rivers, in Veracruz, Mexico, has proven to be a true Mecca for steep creeking. It has everything for creekers and those who aspire to run waterfalls. The race at the end of the week makes this trip a celebration- of the kayaking community in Mexico and internationally and of the Alseseca Roadside section especially.
With the rivers of Upper Filo-Bobos and the Alseseca, there are a multitude of steep rapids dropping over volcanic rock. Each day we drive into the mountains and train on the unique low volume drops of the Alseseca, down the narrow gorges, returning at night to flavorful cuisine in the Aventurec orange-grove resort or a taco restaurant in Tlapacoyan.
We have the boats, vehicle, driver, and the best knowledgeable leadership. You can bring your gear and paddle and hunger for some steep-dropping adventure….