CoEd Ages 12-17
2021 Friday Nights
Jan 29th, Feb 5th, 12th, & 19th.
Stops in lower MoCo & DC
2021 Snow Club
*Important Update: As of now, given the state of Pennsylvania’s Travel Restrictions, we are unable to run our snow club.
We are hoping that this policy changes prior to our start date but wanted to prepare in the event that it doesn’t. As a reminder: transportation will be refunded for any canceled night. The night tracker card fee can NOT be refunded, as per the resort’s policies that were stated during registration.
With that being said, Whitetail does not have any restrictions that prohibit out-of-state patrons. While we cannot travel as an organization, this does not prevent your family from going up and attending on your own if you chose to do so.
The night tracker cards are still available for pick up at the Calleva Office Monday through Friday and 10am – 4pm. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. If the travel restrictions lift, we plan on skiing/boarding immediately. We know this is extremely frustrating, and are hoping a solution finds us quickly. I’m sure your kids as well as our staff are itching to get on the mountains, and hopefully many have already taken advantage of the Night Tracker Cards.
We will update you again no later than the evening of January 28th.
Winter is coming and with so many unknowns this year, Calleva is excited to announce that WE WILL BE OFFERING THE SNOW CLUB starting January 29th. With limited numbers and dates, this will be for kids simply NEED to get out and ski!
We decided on a delayed opening due to rising cases, however all cards will be usable from January 4th on.
Snow Clubbers should have experience with the ski resort process. They should feel comfortable getting a lift ticket, putting on gear, and getting on and off ski lift. Calleva staff will be around to help if needed, but kids should expect to spend the entire night skiing and eating out of a backpack. For more information please contact Duncan Olsen in the Calleva office.
2021 Bus Stops*:
- Alice Deal Middle School (NW DC)
- Pyle Middle School (Bethesda, MD)
- Westland Middle School (Bethesda, MD)
- Guy Mason (NW DC)
Important new 2021 information necessary for registration:
While we plan to run Snow Club this year, it will look different in a few important ways, from how you register, to our safety procedures, to cost and refunds. Our goal is to make these changes clear, so you can make the best decision for your skier or boarder and family.
Safety and Operating Procedures:
- Campers will have their temperature taken before getting on the bus
- If above 100.4, they will not be allowed to attend
- Staff temperatures are also checked
- There will be one seat per camper on the bus
- Approximately 20 campers per bus for a school bus
- Campers will have to wear a mask while on the bus, and stay in their seat
- There will be Calleva staff on each bus reminding campers of these expectations
- Whitetail requires that masks are worn in certain areas of the mountain (lift lines, indoor spaces, etc.)
- You can read their safety policies here
Changes to the Snow Club Experience:
- There will be no access to indoor, heated areas at Whitetail, except for bathrooms
- This means that your camper will spend their entire time at the resort outside skiing or snowboarding.
- There will be no access to the cafeteria, so you will need to pack a meal for your camper
- Whitetail is closing earlier this year, so drop off times will be 1 hour earlier than years past
- We will not be making any stops for snacks on the ride home
Changes to Registration and Attendance:
- You will sign up for a spot on the Calleva website, then we will share a link to register your camper with Whitetail.
- You can register for only the 4 weeks from January 28th through February 19th.
- You can register for a Thursday package or a Friday Package or both.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to be as flexible this year with what dates you choose to attend. This is due to having strict capacities on our buses, and also the fact that it is safer for us to know which campers will be on each bus, each week.
- This means that you can only attend for the dates you register for. We will not be able to change your dates, or offer a make-up date if you can’t attend.
Card Only. For those that do not feel comfortable riding the bus and want to access the mountain on their own. Nightly skiing is available from January 4th until the end of the season. Due to restricted hours, the new mountain times will vary and will require advanced reservation. If you are unable to join the Calleva Snow Club, we would appreciate all of our former club members to buy a card through us so that we can have our drivers ski between transportation.
- $215 for the Night Tracker card.
- $295 for Night Tracker card with Lesson & Rental.
- This allows your skier to attend Whitetail, Liberty, or Roundtop any day they are open from 4PM until close starting January 4th.
4 night Calleva Package (Fridays). For those interested in joining our club of merry mountaineers, as we descend the slopes with great speed. Our group will be reserving Thursday and Friday evening ski trips for our kids that want to spend the night on the mountain. Be prepared to have what you need in your backpack and have your legs in shape for multiple runs.
- Transportation + Night Tracker Card (Lift pass only) – $675
- Transportation + Night Tracker Card (Lift, Lesson, and Rental) – $755
Cancellations and Refunds:
- If we cancel a night due to inclement or dangerous weather, you will be refunded a nightly fee of $85 for that night.
- If the ski resort closes due to state or national restrictions, you will receive a prorated refund for the Night Tracker Card ($215 or $295) from Whitetail, and a nightly refund of $85 from Calleva for each night we were unable to run.
- The cost of your camper’s Night Tracker card is non-refundable
- This is money we give Whitetail, so that we can give you your Night Tracker card.
- In the instance that we are not able to travel to Whitetail due to state or national travel restrictions, or due to inclimate weather, we will only be able to refund the nightly travel fee for each night.
- The only way you can get a refund on the Night Tracker card fee is if Whitetail closes the resort. In that case, you will receive a prorated refund on the cost of the card.
- Refunds will not be given for absences due to personal reasons
- Refunds will be given if a camper is absent due to COVID related reasons
- This is to encourage families to keep their campers home if they are showing potential symptoms of COVID.
- A doctor’s note stating the illness is not COVID related, or a negative test, will be needed to receive this refund, and for your camper to attend the next night of Snow Club.