Possible Scouting Activity Itinerary: Rock Climbing
-Arrive Rock Climbing Site
-Introduction to Calleva Staff, discuss expectations, goals and outcomes for day
-Introduction to rock climbing gear, harness, shoes, helmets, and ropes. Teach about safety in the outdoors and rock climbing.
-Discuss basic rock climbing technique while spending the morning climbing
-Break for lunch
-Continue to put our skills to the test on the rock. Talk about cliff formation and geology in our area.
-Debrief discussion and shares. Talk about our different experiences from the day.
- Prices starts at $50 per person
- Need at least 10 paying participants
- Full day programming (4-6hours)
- Food and Transportation Options
Calleva offers a variety of scouting programs varying from a morning horseback riding to a teambuilding day on the ropes, to a day or weekend tailored for your pack or troop (min. of 10) learning the skills of rock-climbing, canoeing, kayaking, caving, and rafting. We have hosted everything from Girl Scout Encampments and Jamborees to Boy Scout Eagle projects. If your troop is looking to earn badges we can tailor a program to meet achieve those skills. We use local State and Nationals Parks for the location of these programs. Like all of our programs teamwork, adventure, skills development, and fun will be at the heart of these scouting trips. We will work with your scouts to create a memorable trip at Calleva. Here is a list of possible activities.
- Water: Whitewater Rafting, Kayaking, Canoeing, Standup Paddleboarding, Duckies (inflatable kayakings), Adventure Island, Sailing
- Land: High and Low Ropes Course, Rock Climbing, Biking, Caving, Horseback Riding, Hiking, Backpacking, Navigation, Wilderness Skills, Leave No Trace Outdoor Ethics