Split Activity Programs
Possible Split Activity Itinerary: Water Day at Rileys
-Arrive Riley’s Lock
-Introduction to Calleva Staff, discuss expectations, goals and outcomes for day
-Divide into Canoeing, Kayaking, and Standup Paddleboarding groups for day.
-Spend the morning learning about different pieces of gear and paddle strokes. Play games and tryout challenges to test our new skills
-Break for lunch
-Paddle downstream, try out hand at some small rapids, and experience the beauty of the Potomac River. Talk about native and invasive species along the way.
-Debrief discussion and shares. Talk about our different experiences from the day.
- 6:1 Staff Ratio
- Prices starts at $60 per person
- Full day options
- Food and Transportation Options
Calleva roots are dug deep in the outdoor adventure world and we believe there is no better place to do these activities than right in our backyard. We use local State and National Parks as our locations for our split activities. Depending on the class size we can divide the students up into different activities or just keep them all together in one activity. We will work with your leadership team to pick out the best activities for your students and then allow them to rank their choices. Although all of the activities are different they all have many of the same themes and principles in them; adventure, teamwork, and of course FUN! Like all of our programs Calleva follows the challenge by choice model and students will be pushed to stretch themselves. We understand know there is a huge range of experience and abilities within a class so our programs are designed to accommodate everyone. These programs can be single day trips, up to weeklong overnight experiences. You tell us what you are looking for and we will create an unforgettable experience. Here is a list of the different split activities.
- Water: Whitewater Rafting, Kayaking, Canoeing, Standup Paddleboarding, Duckies (inflatable kayakings), Adventure Island, Sailing
- Land: Rock Climbing, Biking, Caving, Horseback Riding, Hiking, Backpacking, Navigation, Wilderness Skills, Leave No Trace Outdoor Ethics
- Custom Programs: We can create a custom adventure races or scavenger hunt that combines a couple of the different activities.