Rafting Camps ~MD
There are two themes in Rafting Camp: FUN and TEAMWORK. As soon as we arrive at the put-in, campers will work together to get down to the river. Along the way, Rafters will learn about rapid formation, paddling techniques, and river hazards while having fun on the river. By weeks end, campers will have had the opportunity to guide and lead a raft, rapid swim, and challenge a Calleva staff to a “king of the raft” contest.
- This week includes an exciting Thursday Overnight!
- $50 will be refunded if overnights are not allowed due to COVID.
- Offered weekly June 14th through Aug 2oth
- 4:1 Staff Ratio
- Ages 9-15
- Transportation only available to/from:
- Glen Echo Parking Lot
- Guy Mason Rec Center *We are aware that MD has not yet changed the 2020 Out of State Camper ruling for summer. We are expecting that this will change in May.
- *Stop not available weeks 2, 10, 11
- Sample Week Itinerary:
- Introduction to gear, paddle strokes and river @ Mather Gorge
- River reading, finding the perfect line @ Little Falls
- River safety, raft guiding @ Shenandoah
- Overnight: Cheat River or Lower Yough