Kayak HA (Ages 12-16*)
Kayak High Adventure
Our paddling school has taken off and with it we have so many amazing campers that are pushing their skills to the next level. While Adventure Camp is a good way to stay sharp, our multi-level High Adventures build confidence and push technical skills. The variety of rivers offer our campers the chance learn and adjust to new rapids and watersheds. Multiple kayak options lead to honing skills the camper feels is important to them, while continuing with our known wonderful leadership team.
- Beginner & Beginner to Intermediate: $1250/week for 5 day/4 night program
- Advanced: $2500/week for 12 day/11 night program (skills required). This 2 week Commandos Kayak Clinic prepares participants for rapid advancement in kayaking to become world class paddlers in all of the areas of kayaking including slalom, whitewater river running, playboating, longboating, and river leadership.
- 4:1 Staff Ratio
- Ages 12-16 with Required Skills
- Beginner Trips: Some experience in a whitewater kayak and familiarity with wet exit (2 hour private lesson prior to this trip will provide the necessary experience!)
- Intermediate Trips: Class II comfort and Whitewater Bow Roll
- Advanced Trips: Class III experience & Whitewater Paddle Roll
- Monday drop off & Friday pick up at Riley’s Lock.
- 7:30 Monday morning.
- 5:00 Friday Evening
- Kayaking High Adventure Schedule
- Beginner: Week 2 (6/20)
- Beginner/Intermediate: Weeks 3 (6/27)
- Advanced: Weeks 6 & 7 (7/18 – 7/29)