Raft Junior (Ages 8-12)
Raft Junior ~ MD
This program is designed to expose our campers to whitewater on a variety of inflatable watercraft! Want to be in the water and play in the rapids? Now we are no longer stuck with a big raft when the water level drops or locations change. We pick the BEST inflatable for the location we visit! Whether tubing down the Seneca Breaks or rafting Maryland Chute, we will be able to cool off and experience a variety of watercraft while learning important paddling skills, water navigation, and river safety.
- This week includes an exciting Thursday Overnight!
- Offered weekly June 27th through Aug 5th from 9am – 3:45pm
- 4:1 Staff Ratio
- Ages 8-12
- Farm Lunches are available for an additional fee during registration.
- Transportation is available to/from Riley’s Lock:
- Riley’s Lock (parent drop off) | 9:00am; 3:45pm
- Bethesda Elementary School | 8:15am; 4:25pm *
- Glen Echo Parking Lot | 8:25am; 4:20pm
- Whitman High School | 8:25am; 4:20pm *
- Guy Mason Rec Center NW | 8:05am; 4:40pm
- Georgetown Day School | 8:15am; 4:35pm *
- Lawton Community Center | 8:25am; 4:25pm
- Potomac Elementary School | 8:40am; 4:05pm *
*not available weeks 1, 11 & 12
- Sample Week Itinerary traveling from Riley’s:
- Locations on Rafts, Tubes, or Duckies
- Seneca Breaks
- Anglers to Lock 10