Adventure Island (Ages 8-12)
Adventure Island ~ MD
This incredible island experience is a fantastic way to spend your summer outdoors. Every day, the team will paddle out to the island and spend the whole day in and out of the water. Campers build basic survival skills, explore creeks, rapid swimming, canoeing, and general island shenanigans!
- There is NOT an overnight for this camp
- Offered weekly June 20th through Aug 19th from 9am – 3:45pm
- 4:1 Staff Ratio
- Ages 8-12
- Farm Lunches are available for an additional fee during registration.
- Transportation is available to/from Riley’s Lock:
- Riley’s Lock (parent drop off) | 9:00am; 3:45pm
- Bethesda Elementary School | 8:15am; 4:25pm *
- Glen Echo Parking Lot | 8:25am; 4:20pm
- Whitman High School | 8:25am; 4:20pm *
- Guy Mason Rec Center NW | 8:05am; 4:40pm
- Georgetown Day School | 8:15am; 4:35pm *
- Lawton Community Center | 8:25am; 4:25pm
- Potomac Elementary School | 8:40am; 4:05pm *
*not available weeks 1, 11 & 12
- Sample Week Itinerary:
- Rope Swinging
- Island Man Hunt
- Island Fort Building
- Capture the Flag
- and some paddling out to the island!