Maryland Camp Transportation
Bus Transportation is provided to all campers and cost is included in weekly tuition.Campers ride commercial buses with certified drivers.
- Pick-Up (P.U.) times between 8:00 and 8:45am.
- Drop-off (D.O.) times between 4:15 and 5:00pm.
Bus Communication Info: You will receive an email the Wednesday prior to your camp week with specific bus stop times and information. This will come from email@example.com and sometimes gets filtered into “junk” or “spam” folders so please be sure to add that address to your safe emails list. Below are times for each stop for the week. Please note that Thursday afternoon and Friday morning times will vary for explorer, explorer extreme, island day camp and cubs campers as Adventure campers will be away on overnights and some routes are consolidated. You will recieve this information via email on Tuesday.
PLEASE NOTE!! You camper must follow the BUS RULES set by Calleva. If your first-choice bus stop does not appear when you are selecting a pick up/drop off point during registration, that means that it has reached its capacity. Each bus stop has a capacity limit for safety reasons. We will not allow more campers than the manufactured capacity of the bus. Please choose another stop.
Notice to all High Adventure campers: Calleva provides all logistical needs once the trip has started, however parents are responsible for dropping off and picking up students before and after the the trip. Depending on the trip, parents will need to drop off students at the Calleva Office between 7-8am on Monday Mornings, and pick them up between 5-6pm on Friday Evening at Riley’s Lock. There will be a light breakfast and pizza dinner served for families, campers, and staff.
Calleva VA Transportation: If you are signing up for our new Virginia camp offerings check out our VA Camp Transportation page for more information.
- Travilah Square (Weeks 2-10); Times – 8:40/4:20
- Kentlands Church (Weeks 2-10); Times – 8:35/4:20
- Cabin John Mall (Weeks 2-10); Times – 8:10/4:50
- Potomac Library (Weeks 1-12); Times – 8:30/4:20
- Riley’s Lock (Weeks 1-12); Times – 9:00/4:00
- Peirce Mill (off Shoemaker St NW): (Weeks 1, 11,& 12); Times 8:00/5:00
- Capitol Hill- St Peter’s Church (Weeks 5-9); Times 8:00/5:00
- Tenleytown @ Belt Rd (Weeks 1-12); Times – 8:15/4:45
- Chevy Chase Circle @ Grafton Street (Weeks 1-12) – 8:15/4:45
- Chevy Chase Elementary (Weeks 2-11) – 8:15/4:45
- Chevy Chase Library (Weeks 2-11) – 8:15/4:45
- Eastern M.S. (Weeks 2-10); Times – 8:00/5:00
- McLean, VA (Cooper Middle School Weeks 2-10) (McLean Presbyterian Church Weeks 1,11,12); Times – 8:10/4:40
- Glen Echo Park (Weeks 1-11); Times – 8:25/4:30
- Walt Whitman H.S. (Weeks 2-11); Times – 8:20/4:30
- Bethesda Elementary (Weeks 2-11); Times – 8:15/4:50
- Guy Mason Rec Center (Weeks 1-12); Times – 8:00/4:45
- GDS High School (Weeks 2-12); Times – 8:10/4:50
- Annunciation Catholic Church (Weeks 2-11); Times – 8:15/4:45
- Stoddert School (Weeks 2-10); Times – 8:15/4:45
Vision: To promote transportation that connects the community with outdoor recreational activities in a way that enforces safety.
Mission: Establish safe, reliable, and efficient modes of transportation through the use of certified drivers, technicians, vehicles, and methods of safe transportation practices.
Values: Service with enthusiasm, dedication, and desire for connecting the community. Promotion of excellence, respect, dignity, and responsibility allows transportation to be successful. Staff strive to promote meaningful work to the well-being of the environment.