2022 Pick Up & Drop Off times are listed below.
Please read this page carefully and let us know if you have questions about 2022 transportation. Routes listed are for buses that run from your neighborhoods to Calleva locations.
- We have worked hard to select locations that will be efficient neighborhood “hubs.” We DO NOT PLAN TO ADD more pick up points this year.
- Please be sure to select your bus route based on the camp that you have selected for your child.
PLEASE NOTE: Times can shift on any given day due to unforeseen traffic or other re-routing issues. Please be patient and allow 15 minute leeway for our drivers! Please double check your confirmation email to be sure you understand your child’s pick up & drop off location and please visit Parent Resources or contact the office for any other questions.
FACE COVERINGS: Calleva will comply with all State and local guidelines with respect to face coverings.
If state and local county guidelines require face coverings, all campers and staff will be required to wear them when indoors and when on buses.
Routes for Farm Camps in Dickerson MD:
For Cubs (Ages 4-5), Explorers (Ages 6-8), Horseback Riding (Ages 9-14), Growing Green (Ages 9-14).
+ the following traveling Adventure Camps which originate from the Farm location each day and return in the afternoon to connect with their appropriate bus route: Climb JR (Ages 8-12), OneWheel (Ages 10-14)
- Calleva Farm (parent drop off) | 9:00am; 3:45pm
- Bethesda Elementary School | 8am; 4:45pm *
- Glen Echo Parking Lot | 8:10am; 4:35pm
- Whitman High School | 8:10am; 4:35pm *
- Guy Mason Rec Center NW | 8am; 4:50pm
- Belt Road | 8am; 4:40pm
- Lawton Community Center | 8:10am; 4:40pm
- Potomac Elementary School | 8:25am; 4:20pm *
*not available weeks 1, 11, & 12
Routes for Riley’s Lock Camps in Poolesville MD:
For Water Sampler (Ages 8-12), Beginner/Int Kayak (Ages 8-12), Adventure Island (Ages 8-12), Raft Junior (Ages 8-12).
+ the following traveling Adventure Camps which originate from the Riley’s Lock location each day and return in the afternoon to connect with their appropriate bus route: Fishing (Ages 9-14), Raft Junior (Ages 8-12)
- Riley’s Lock (parent drop off) | 9:00am; 3:45pm
- Bethesda Elementary School | 8:15am; 4:25pm *
- Glen Echo Parking Lot | 8:25am; 4:20pm
- Whitman High School | 8:25am; 4:20pm *
- Guy Mason Rec Center NW | 8:05am; 4:40pm
- Belt Road (Formerly Georgetown Day School) | 8:15am; 4:35pm *
- Lawton Community Center | 8:25am; 4:25pm
- Potomac Elementary School | 8:40am; 4:05pm *
*not available weeks 1, 11 & 12
Routes for Virginia Camps at Madeira Campus:
for VIRGINIA Explorers (Ages 6-9), Sampler (Ages 8-12), Teen Sampler (Ages 12-14), Camper Vs. Wild (Ages 9-14), Kayaking (Ages 9-14), Stand-Up Paddleboarding (Ages 9-14).
+ the following traveling Adventure Camps which originate from the Madeira Campus each day and return in the afternoon to connect with their appropriate bus route: Sailing (Ages 9-14)
- Madeira School (parent drop off) | 8:45am; 4:00pm
- Arlington Planetarium | 8:30am; 4:30pm
- ** FULL FOR 2022** Annunciation Church DC | 8:15am; 4:45pm
- Chesterbrook Shopping Center | 8:20am; 4:40pm
- St. John’s Episcopal Church (formerly Churchill Road ES) | 8:40am; 4:20pm
- Reston Home Depot | 8:30am; 4:30pm *
*not available weeks 1, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12
Teen Adventure Camps at Carderock (Ages 12-15):
Teen Climb, Teen Mountain Bike, Teen SUP, Teen Int/Adv Kayak, Teen Raft, Teen Wild Film
- Carderock (parent drop off) | 8:45am; 3:45pm
High Adventure & LIT Trips (Ages 12-16):
WV Sampler (Levels 1 & 2,) Kayaking (Levels 1,2,& 3), Backpack North Carolina, Climb Kentucky, Kayak Canada (Levels 2 & 3), Colorado Epic (13 Days), Leaders in Training (LIT 1, Adv LIT, LIT 3)
- Riley’s Lock (parent drop off) | Monday @ 7:30am; Friday @ 5pm*
*The drop off & pick-up times may be different depending on specific trip itineraries.
Bus Transportation is provided to all campers and cost is included in weekly tuition. Campers ride commercial vehicles with certified drivers.
PLEASE NOTE: We are not able to switch bus routes at this time and there is NOT A WAIT LIST for bus routes.
Bus Communication Info: You will receive an email the week prior to your camp week reminding you of your child’s specific bus stop times and information. This will come from [email protected] and sometimes gets filtered into “junk” or “spam” folders so please be sure to add that address to your safe emails list.
PLEASE NOTE!! You camper must follow Calleva’s BUS RULES. Each bus stop has a capacity limit.
Vision: To promote transportation that connects the community with outdoor recreational activities in a way that enforces safety.
Mission: Establish safe, reliable, and efficient modes of transportation through the use of certified drivers, technicians, vehicles, and methods of safe transportation practices.
Values: Service with enthusiasm, dedication, and desire for connecting the community. Promotion of excellence, respect, dignity, and responsibility allows transportation to be successful. Staff strive to promote meaningful work to the well-being of the environment.