All Campers (Daily Needs)
- Attire – swim shorts, a water shirt, & closed-toe water shoes – We ask that campers come ready to get wet, no matter the activity, as they will likely jump in the water at some point during the day. Water shirts or quick dry t-shirts (not cotton) allow campers to be protected from the sun throughout the day, whether on the water or the land, with the ability the dry out once they are out of the water. We ask that campers wear closed-toe water shoes that will easily stay on their feet in and out of the water – flip flops and crocs are not suitable! If you would like to send your camper with sneakers, you are more then welcome to do so, but please make sure they have a pair of water shoes with them. If your child wear glasses, they should have sport glasses or a glasses strap.
- Water Bottle
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray – Due to state requirements, each camper must provide their OWN sunscreen & bug spray.
- Lunch – There is NOT a facility to keep lunches cool throughout the day; we suggest not sending perishable items.
- Towel – This is OPTIONAL, but can be nice if your camper would like it.
- Rain gear – Be ready for rain, if predicted!
- Backpack – Please make sure that all of your camper’s items fit in one bag
Adventure Camp Needs
- Specific to Activity
- Calleva provides all safety/technical gear
- All water-based activities: Water t shirts – any quick drying material (not cotton) or ideally a rash guard with sun protection (UPF).
- Caving: solid shoes you don’t mind getting muddy
- Fishing: We supply all the rods and tackle, but it’s cool if kids want to bring your own!
- Growing Green: We suggest a large shade hat.
- Horseback Riding: Riding Boots or quality shoe and long pants
- Mountain Biking: Wear a good biking shoe. We supply the Bikes and Helmets, but it’s cool if kids want to bring your own!
- Rock Climbing: Stretchy Shorts, Hiking shoes for approaching crags.
- Sailing: Sunglasses with strap
- sleeping bag
- sleeping pad
- change of clothes
- headlamp (or flashlight)
- mess kit (inc. cup, bowl & spoon)
- warm jacket
- rain gear
- non-perishable lunch for Thursday and Friday
- Suggested spending cash of $10 for snacks at stops
- We also suggest bringing lightweight pants, long-sleeved shirt, socks and a hat for the overnight that can be sprayed with bug spray (especially for water activities where mosquitoes are prevalent).
Calleva is now offering a gear bag that is perfect for these overnight adventures. Visit our Gear Bag Page to learn more!
High Adventure Camp Needs
Please visit our High Adventure Needs List for more information