All Campers (Daily Needs)
- Ideally all kids come dressed with swim trunks and a water shirt with closed-toe water shoes on (Flip-Flops & Crocs are not suitable). Water t shirts are essential for water programs where campers are on the water all day long, they provide much better protection than just sunscreen alone. They can be any quick drying material (not cotton) or ideally a rash guard with sun protection (UPF). Please make sure your camper wears one to camp to protect their neck, arms, back, shoulders from the sun.
- Carrying a backpack with sunscreen, water bottle, towel, and a lunch. Maryland campers may have ordered a lunch through Calleva.
- Please note – we do NOT have any facilities to keep lunches brought from home cool during the day.
- Due to State requirements all campers must bring their own Sunscreen and Bugspray to camp each day WITH their name clearly written on the bottles.
- Yes, everything should have their name clearly written on it!
- Rain gear if necessary!
Adventure Camp Needs
- Specific to Activity
- Calleva provides all safety/technical gear
- All water-based activities: Water t shirts – any quick drying material (not cotton) or ideally a rash guard with sun protection (UPF).
- Caving: solid shoes you don’t mind getting muddy
- Fishing: We supply all the rods and tackle, but it’s cool if kids want to bring your own!
- Growing Green: We suggest a large shade hat.
- Horseback Riding: Riding Boots or quality shoe and long pants
- Mountain Biking: Wear a good biking shoe. We supply the Bikes and Helmets, but it’s cool if kids want to bring your own!
- Rock Climbing: Stretchy Shorts, Hiking shoes for approaching crags.
- Sailing: Sunglasses with strap
- sleeping bag
- sleeping pad
- change of clothes
- headlamp (or flashlight)
- mess kit (inc. cup, bowl & spoon)
- warm jacket
- rain gear
- non-perishable lunch for Thursday and Friday
- Suggested spending cash of $10 for snacks at stops
- We also suggest bringing lightweight pants, long-sleeved shirt, socks and a hat for the overnight that can be sprayed with bug spray (especially for water activities where mosquitoes are prevalent).