- 3.3 All current staff are screened by the FBI and state for any criminal charges at the time of hire. Calleva is notified when any staff are charged with an offense. In house all year round staff have one on one reviews in regards to job performance with Calleva Executive Director.
- All year round staff has monthly meetings and annual reviews with the Executive Director for performance and work goals for that week and year. Our reviews and meetings are intended to better our roles as members of the camping community.
- 7.1 D All weekly staff will complete evaluations at Friday night meetings to include performance review of self and others. All feedback is returned to each staff weekly and if staff do not meet Calleva standard they are placed on probation or fired depending on the severity.
- 8.2 At least 80 percent of our staff are eighteen (18) years of age or older. (See handbook)
- 8.3 All staff are 16 years old or more than 2 years older that campers. Junior Counselors are not figured in Calleva staff/camper ratios.
- 9.2 All Calleva programs have a minimum of two Calleva staff present at all times.
- 5.1 A Pick up and drop off times are on the Calleva website. Safety Procedures – please see parent email and website under transportation.
- 5.1B If there is any change or emergency situation that would affect campers transportation Calleva staff will call families and post on social media (Calleva Facebook) and Calleva website.
- 5.1 C Bus Safety rules are posted on all buses and available to parents on the Calleva website.
- 8.1 A Calleva buses stay within manufactured capacity limits. If parents need to see bus capacity limits
- 8.1 B If campers/staff are riding in Calleva vans they must be seat belted. Calleva bus transportation follows Montgomery County Public Schools regulations.
- 15.1 H Bus evacuation procedures will take place if an emergency takes place on bus.
- OM 4.1 Personal Property
- All Calleva campers and parents are not permitted to bring the following to camp:
- Weapons of any kind
- Electronics – ie: phone, ipods campers only
- Alcohol, drugs or tobacco
- Personal vehicles for campers only
- Personal sports equipment – unless cleared by staff prior to coming to camp
- All Calleva staff are not permitted to bring:
- Weapons of any kind except
- pocket knife under four inches
- Alcohol, drugs or tobacco
- OM8 Anytime a foreseeable emergency is imminent all staff have emergency action plans for their current location and activity. In the case of weather emergencies staff do the following:
- Evaluate weather and terminate activity as needed
- Campers and staff will be placed in buses or local structures as soon as possible.
- Campers at Riley’s Lock will go onto buses or under pavilion.
- All instructors have cell phones and are in contact with office and directors during emergencies and severe weather.
- 20 Access of specialized activity areas
- 20.1 Calleva monitors HBR, and Ropes Course with posted signs stating students/campers must be with trained Calleva staff while participating in these activities.Health and Wellness
- 10.1 In the event of an injury or illness campers’ parent(s)/guardian(s) will be notified as soon as possible via phone call
Trip & Travel
- PT.6.3(A) In the event the camper cannot physically or emotionally finish a program/trip/camp, the camper’s family will be notified. Arrangements will be made by Calleva to get the camper safely back home. Parents may be required to meet the group or pick up aty agreed location.